Saturday, February 18, 2012

Do I need to make an appointment to file a motion?

Do i need to make an appointment to file a motion in court? I plan to file a motion to vacat a default judgment but the court is one and a half hours away and i want to make sure before i go that I do not need an appointment. Is it something I just walk in and do? Im guessing the judge will be busy so does he see the info i left or do i have to wait all day for him?Do I need to make an appointment to file a motion?To file a motion, you mail it to the court and serve it on the opposition.



It's clear you don't have a clue about what you're doing. Go to a law library and look it up. There are rules that you have to follow about notice requirements. Motions aren't heard the same day and they are not heard without the other side being present.Do I need to make an appointment to file a motion?just to clarify, i filed the motion and got scheduled a hearing, i will serve the attorney with the papers as neccesary, but don't want this to go to court. After they are served, I plan on seeing if they want to settle

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment