Saturday, February 18, 2012

How do you deal with motion sickness?

I am 39 years old and, starting at age 15, I have had really bad motion sickness. It happens on amusement park rides, motorcycles, and when riding in the front seat of a bus, to name a few. However, if I am driving a vehicle, I'm fine, and can do it for hours. If anyone else has a problem similar to this, have you figured out a way to deal with it or overcome it? Thank you!How do you deal with motion sickness?Overcome it? No, I haven't. But they have over-the-counter motion sickness pill at Wal-mart (and probably other drug stores). I used the generic equate brand while riding rides in Disneyland and I think it really helped minimize the sickness. It doesn't completely get rid of it, though. One side effect that I noticed with my sister and mom is that it makes them drowsy. If you're riding something crazy at an amusement park, it's okay because you're getting that adrenaline rush. But if you're just a passenger for a car ride you may be tired once you reach your destination. Other things that help me avoid nausea during car rides are: closing my eyes, avoiding reading books and even road signs, sleeping (works best!) and singing, believe it or not. Good luck!How do you deal with motion sickness?I have the same problem since I was very young, although every single summer I used to travel for 1 month with my family accumulating thousands of kilometers in the process. This is how we are born and as I am a very sensitive person there is nothing I can do about it. I just learned to protect myself by watching what I eat/drink before traveling (sometimes even for 2 miles of driving). I noticed that massaging my stomach helps, also having loose clothing.



And aren't I jealous of those thick skinned big people who never heard of this problem?



It is something we have to put up with and learn to increase the resistance and immunity of our system through exercising and better diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment