Monday, January 30, 2012

Are blind people less likely to get motion sick than people who can see?

This morning, I was in the car with my uncle and my eight-year-old cousin, who may be permanently blind when he turns thirteen. I get motion sick very easily, and I was wondering if blind people get motion sick. I know that motion sickness is caused by miscommunication between the eyes and the brain, but I was wondering that if this is so, do blind people not get motion sick, since they cannot see what is going on around them?Are blind people less likely to get motion sick than people who can see?It can still affect blind people because the fluid in their you ear is still moving around which makes them feel dizzy. It can make them sick after a while if they are feeling this dizziness for a long periods of time. It's really the movement part that causes it, blind people would have it worst. It's the fact that you're feeling what you're not seeing that makes people feel motion sickness.Are blind people less likely to get motion sick than people who can see?I agree with the person above, she's probably right.



For me, though, under normal circumstances, I don't get motion sickness. I've had some medications cause feelings of car sickness before and once felt it while riding a bus where I was sitting sideways and reading a braille book. But I think that was more coincidental due to the meds more than anything.



I also never got carsick too much prior to going blind, though, so I may be more immune than some.

No comments:

Post a Comment